Sunday, February 22, 2009

How DO mommies always know?

On Friday after picking up kids from school we headed to my sister's house so that I could babysit her little boy. She was kind enough to feed my kids sandwiches for lunch. In the middle of eating they both decided that they needed to go potty.
Ashlie came back out and I sent her back in to wash her hands.
David came out and I asked him if he washed his hands. He looked at me very suspiciously and nodded his head yes. I didn't believe him so I asked again. With the same look he nodded his head again. I still didn't believe him so I asked to see he hands. He quickly tucked his hands behind his back and said "no". "David you are lying to me," I said, "go back and wash your hands." To which he replied "Oh, how do you always know?" as he stomps back to the bathroom to wash his hands.
I look at my sister who is doing her best not to laugh while he is still in the room. My answer to David's question is "Because I'm a mom!" As I sit down next to my sister she turns to me and says "If he had only showed you his hands, he could have probably fooled you!" And I had to agree with her
I love the mind of my 6 year old!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so funny! My 5-year old does the same thing, and my response to him is always, "Because I'm a mom, and mom's know EVERYTHING!"

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

So funny how us moms always know. My answer to the "I washed my hands" lie...is "Well, I didn't hear the water." Stephen will actually play in the water until the toilet stops filling, so I can hear. Kids are so funny.

Anonymous said...

Ah...the things kids try. It takes all I have to keep up with mine...and they are starting to figure it out!

Good thing they love me anyway!!