Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day Of School


David started kindergarten on Tuesday! So far he loves it. I have been crazy running him back and forth everyday. I am not used to everyday. When he went to preschool the last 2 years it was only 2 days a week. This was only made harder because our van broke down on Monday and I have been squeezing 3 car seats in the back of a 4 door car!
After getting home on the first day I asked him what he did and the first thing he said was "I didn't learn to read yet"! He is so excited to read. Go figure, his Dad loves to read, and I do too-when I have time. Ha ha!






Ashlie got to start preschool on Wednesday. When we first got there all she wanted to do was play. I had to walk her over to where she was supposed to be and tell her to grab a book to look at. "But mom, I want to play", was the answer I kept getting. Finally I got her to sit and I was able to leave.
When I picked her up she got really mad at me because she wanted to ride the bus and I wouldn't let her. When she calmed down I was able to get her to talk about what she did in preschool and she had lots of fun. This is her trying to say cheese and "smile" at the same time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute kids!!!

You are a trooper for shoving 3 car seats into your little car...brings back interesting memories for me. Hopefully your van will be fixed VERY soon!

Either way you are an awesome mom!

Jillo said...

I love the first day of school. It is so fresh and new. Are you loving just having one little guy for a few hours?

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Awww... that is really fun. I love that David is that anxious to learn to read. Have you ever tried Starfall.com? It's the most amazing site for teaching kids to read.

Sheri Willardson said...

So cute! I can't believe your kids are that old! I remember when David was a baby...

Lisa said...

That picture of Ashlie is soooo cute!