Sunday, August 10, 2008

My conversation with the kids about Christ

David decided that he didn't want to go to church today. He argument for staying home was "but I already know everything about Jesus". I was intrigued so I asked, "why do we celebrate Christmas? Why do we celebrate Easter?" He gave me a blank stare and shrugged his sholders. Oh good, I guess that I need to step it up and teach my children the real reason for Christmas and Easter.

Later as we were in the car on our way to Grammy and Grandpa's house, I decided to ask what David talked about in his primary class. Of course he told me he couldn't remember. Ashlie on the other hand starts telling me how Jesus died. I took me several times of asking her to repeat herself but I finally understood that she was telling me that "they put Jesus on a stick and that's how Jesus died"!!! I was amazed that my 3 year old could tell me this but my 5 year old can't even remember if they showed a picture in his class.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed at David's reasoning for not wanting to go to church...I think we all have that thought at least once in our lives!

You are such a great mom...how cute that Ashlie understood how Jesus died. I'm not sure my 6 yr old could tell me that!

Sheri Willardson said...

Valeri-Hey old friend! I found your blog through Lisa Carr's-and I am so glad you have one, so I can finally see what all my old RC Willey friends have been up to! I have a blog, but its private. So you will have to email me, and I can send you a link. TSWILLARDSON@YAHOO.COM Your kids are so big-and so cute! Can't wait to hear from you. :) Love, Sheri Willardson

Chris & Courtney said...

Hello, Valeri! I'm so excited that I found your blog. And I can't believe how big your kids are--they are absolutely darling. I'm so glad we were able to go shopping a few months ago, and I'm already looking forward to our next excursion :)